Friday, July 23, 2010

Color-Coated Roadways




Have you ever thought about our Road Color Key? I have. Whether humans might have a harder time stopping at stop signs without the association of the color red, I cannot say. But, I do find myself suddenly interested in the world of our brain's union with color, particularly in its' manifestation on our roadways.

Upon closer examination to our traffic sign key, I might note that all cool colors indicate mainly directional, medical, service destinations while warm colors offer yielding, cautionary, or danger-saving alerts. Is this not a direct link in our investigation behind the meaning of colors? Warm colors tend to bring our brains to highest alert, while we have a trained cool colors to trigger things of a calm, collected, and helpful nature. This is just a bite of how interesting our world's color is! I challenge you to discover more revelations about our traffic color system's history. Be an educated driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment